Monday, November 20, 2006

TV News Sir

I don't normally like to toot another man's horn (for so many, many reasons) but a NY Times story today about the kid who writes TVNewser.com was both well-written and insightful. I feel like a nearly 24-year old loser...

It is read religiously by network presidents, media executives, producers and publicists, not for any stinging commentary from Mr. Stelter, whose style is usually described as earnest, but because it provides a quick snapshot of the industry on any given day. Habitués include Mr. Williams and Jonathan Klein, the president of CNN’s domestic operations, who long ago offered up his cellphone number to Mr. Stelter.

“The whole industry pays attention to his blog,” said Jeffrey W. Schneider, a senior vice president of ABC News. “It would not surprise me if I refreshed my browser 30 to 40 times a day.”



Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home