Monday, April 24, 2006

Happy Birthday Barbra!

April is so full of the high holy days: Passover, then Easter, then...

Barbra Streisand turned 64 today!

If you are like me and think her name badly needs another "a," fear not, she was born "Barbara."

Babs may have slimmed down the name, but as every Jew will tell you, not the shnoz. Happy Birthday, Barbra.
(On a personal note, one of my favorite high school teachers, Christine Madsen, who once told me she didn't care if we stayed in touch because she would one day see my name on the New York Times Op-Ed page, said if she could have any skill in the world it would be to sing like Barbra Streisand. Pretty impressive, I thought, coming from a brilliant woman who graduated from Brown and NYU law school.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home